[LAU] Suggested video card

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 00:50:53 EEST

I have a 64bit machine with a AMD sempron processor carried by a
motherboard with one of those 'all in blunder' combined sound and
graphics chipsets (sis) in a low-profile case. I'm not concerned about
the sound as I don't use it for mastering, just office work and
noodling around with audio.

It seems that current drivers for this chipset are buggy as I get all
sorts of graphics nasties with debian etch, 64studio, PClinuxOS,
mandriva (you get the general idea). Oddly a very old version of
Mandrake has no problems nor does the 0.9 version of 64studio.

What I would like to do is find a reasonable quality, quiet, low profile
graphics card that definitely has working drivers.

Any suggestions?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk