Re: [LAU] Re: Suggested video card

From: David Haggett <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 10:17:53 EEST

On Monday 13 August 2007 07:38, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> Geoff Beasley:
> > a relatively recent (6000 series or better) nvidia based chipset with the
> > nvidia drivers will be the best inho.
>
> I wouldn't do that. The nvidia drivers have a history of causing xruns.
> Not that its that bad though. I have always used the nvidia drivers, and
> they work just fine as long as you don't go below 1024 frames.

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I've tried several versions of the NVidia
driver on an RT patched SuSE kernel and the only time I gent XRUNs is if the
screensaver kicks in when I'm recording. I'm using a setting of 128
Frames/Period.

I will shortly be upgrading to SUSE 10.2 and JackLab so my opinion might
shortly change - I'll let you know.

--
David Haggett