[LAU] HDSP 9632 issues

From: <newton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 19:40:49 EEST

Hi.

I've read a lot of archived posts about issues with this card, but
none of them have solved what seems to be a fairly basic problem.

I'm using Ubuntu Feisty 7.04, ALSA 1.0.14 and HDSPMixer 1.6. The HDSP
9632 has firmware 1.53. Everything seems fine -- the card is
recognised, and it even makes sound using aplay. This leads me to
think that there's no problem with the driver or firmware. I cannot,
however, get the card to make sound using alsaplayer (there are no
errors, just no sound) or SuperCollider (the jack connections are
reported as fine, but again no sound).

I've been beating my head against this for days, but have not had any
luck. Any help/suggestions would be most welcome.