Reply to List/All [was: Re: [LAU] Suggested video card]

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 20:16:36 EEST

Hallo,
Arnold Krille hat gesagt: // Arnold Krille wrote:

> (Dear Admin, either reactivate ReplyTo-Munging even if it is not
> RFC-compliant or explain the reply-to-list to _all_ members in
> detail...)

Our dear admin did announce the list policy change. But if anyone
needs a deeper explanation, here is one quoted from a quick google
search digging up this site:
http://susefaq.sourceforge.net/faq/maillist.html

  Why do my replies go to the original poster and not the list?

    We do not "munge" the mail headers by inserting a "Reply-To:
    suse-linux-e@email-addr-hidden" because it makes it more difficult for
    the subscribers to handle the mail the way they want to. Your
    mail client probably has a "reply" function, as well as a
    "reply to all" or "reply to list". Please use the latter if
    you want your message to go to the list and not just to the
    original poster.

    Also, please don't complain about this on the list, it has
    been discussed many, many, many times in the past already.

The same is in effect here now, so please everyone take note.

Ciao