Re: [LAU] opinions on Ubuntu Studio?

From: Mysth-R <mysthr21@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 18 2007 - 13:06:17 EEST

> My opinion is that if you need something really new stuff, you can build
> it very easily upon Ubuntu 7.04, all dev-libraries are in right places.

if I need something really new, I don't install Ubuntu Studio ... I don't
want to pass my time compiling, and searching last sources from my best
software.

Sam Javor said :
"Personally, I don't need the latest and greatest... I need a computer that
will record audio tomorrow."

Sometime, last versions can offer some new stuff that you need. For exemple,
in Jackrack Ubuntu's version, the midi learn, is not implemented. Very
annoying, when you play in real time.
Ok I understand you want a stable system, but you have the choice to upgrade
or not your software.

Cheers,

Erwan.

--