Re: [LAU] Progressive Quantisation

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 22 2007 - 01:04:08 EEST

On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 10:01:16PM +0100, Folderol wrote:

> What I would like to see is quantisation algorythm the detects trends
> rather than absolute values, then progressively applies small
> corrections to keep overall timing correct. (it would of course have to
> operate over all tracks simultaneously).

A PLL (phase locked loop) or DLL (delay locked loop) will do exactly that:
follow the general trend and ignore local variations. Neither of them is
difficult to program, but you'll need a good grasp of the theory to make
them work,

There are mixed open/closed loop algorithms to do this as well. They can
work even better sometimes, but there's very little 'open' information
available on those.

--
FA
Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !