Re: [LAU] Anyone know how to build ZynAddSubFx from the sourceforge tarball?

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 23:03:37 EEST

On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 21:48:55 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I've problems with ZynAddSubFx on Fedora 7. It's hitting 100% CPU when I start
> it. I DL'd the tarball for it from Sourceforge, but there are no install
> instructions. There's some stuff in the README for windoze, but nothing for
> us Linux users.
>
> I've other Fedora. and Debian installs where ZynAddSubFx works with no
> problems, so it's not that I don't have access to it, but would like some
> info as to how to build it from the tarball, and get it working on Fedora 7.
>

> Any help appreciated.
>
> Nigel.

Fortunately, being rather a squirrel I kept the notes I made for
compiling and installing on Mandrake :)

install mxml (2.2 or later)
install fltk (1.1 or later)
install fftw (2.1 or later)

unpack ZynAddSubFX-2.2.1.tar.bz2
Set prefs in Makefile.inc to -> LINUX_AUDIOOUT=OSS_AND_JACK
make (no configure)
No 'make install' so copy zynaddsubfx to /usr/local/bin/

Some of those libraries may already be in your distro.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk