Re: [LAU] equalizer?

From: Grant <emailgrant@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 01:28:20 EEST

> You could use ladspa-plugins to do so. There are several EQs, that do what
> you need. There's Steve Harris' eq (ladspa ID 1199 I believe) and then there
> is Fons Adriaenson's parametric Filter, which you can download from his site.
> It's better suited to the task, I think. It only has 4 bands, but there are a
> lot of possibilities to configure the bands. Besides there is an EQ in the TAP
> plugins.
> You can find links to them all on
> http://linux-sound.org
> or at
> http://apps.linuxaudio.org
> To involve them into your alsa system (app-independent) there is an
> alsa-plugin, that supports ladspa-plugin integration. I don't know the exact
> syntax or the name of the plugin. But you could have a look at
> http://www.alsa-project.org
> Look for asoundrc. It's a configuration you do in your .asoundrc in your
> home-directroy or in /etc/asoundrc (not 100% sure about the latter name, never
> did it).
> Hope that helps. If you've more alsa-specific questions. You could try on
> this list or directly mail to the alsa-user list.

Thanks Julien,

I've got the TAP plugins installed and I'd like to involve them in
app-independent ALSA just like you describe. Is there another ALSA
plugin I need to install to enable the TAP plugins or should I start
editing asoundrc? I will ask on the ALSA list if no one is sure how
to proceed from here.

- Grant