Re: [LAU] How much does my new SB Extigy suck and why?

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 01:51:39 EEST

Actually just being higher-end is no solution.

They will pick up noise, and it depends primarily on how the internals of
your case are layed out, example...

I have an RME HDSP 9632. I originally had it in the PCI slot on my MB that
was right next to the video card, had it there as it was the only straight
PCI slot. It picked up interference from the video card. Moved it to a
PCI-X slot on the other side of the case, interference is gone.

The cards themselves are not shielded from interference, though they might
do a better job of rejecting it naturally I suppose, though I don't know of
a way they would. You still need to keep it in mind and lay out your case
sensibly, especially if you are getting interference.

               Seablade