Re: [LAU] swf and the commandline

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 14:02:53 EEST

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> I installed clive (from source though, because I didn't find a packagefor
> etch. Now I called
> clive -Y http://www.youtube.com/v/uF2djJcPO2A
> And it told me:
> britney:~/swf # clive -Y http://www.youtube.com/v/uF2djJcPO2A
> agent : urllib2/2.4
> proxy : unused
> newt : used
> scan : checking 1/1...
> (e) : exceptions.IndexError (list index out of range)
>
>>> show traceback? (Y/n):
>>>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/bin/clive", line 28, in ?
> c.main()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/clive/cli.py", line 150, in main
> (videos,ignored) = self.ext.scan()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/clive/__init__.py", line 95, in scan
> (xurl,filename) = pp.parse(cn,vurl,self.opts)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/clive/parse.py", line 93, in parse
> vurl = self._parseyt(page)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/clive/parse.py", line 127, in
> _parseyt
> return 'http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=' + \
> IndexError: list index out of range
> Anyone any idea what is happening?
> Kindest regards
> Julien

hi julian,
some times ago hier on the list someone introduced 'youtube-dl' which is
kind of script, so you can download the .flv movie from the you-tube and
than watch with mplayer in much better quality. i was using this always
if i wanted to watch y-t video.
but now, since last week:

nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~$ youtube-dl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNm85Vt5qTY&feature=bz100
[1] 5873
nowhiskey@email-addr-hidden:~$ Retrieving video webpage... done.
Extracting video URL parameters... done.
failed.
Error: unable to download video data.
Try again several times. It may be a temporal problem.
Other typical problems:

        Video no longer exists.
        Video requires age confirmation but you did not provide an account.
        You provided the account data, but it is not valid.
        The connection was cut suddenly for some reason.
        YouTube changed their system, and the program no longer works.

Try to confirm you are able to view the video using a web browser.
Use the same video URL and account information, if needed, with this
program.
When using a proxy, make sure http_proxy has http://host:port format.
Try again several times and contact me if the problem persists.

so i think that youtube changed something, so it is not working in the
moment either this way.

i ll have a look into google, if i can find a newer version of this one!

cheers,
doc

cheers,
doc