Re: [LAU] Important test:

From: Geoff Beasley <songshop@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 16 2007 - 01:55:10 EEST

thanks for all the comments.

John Rigg I'm testing now with 512, but the latency will be way too big for
midi/audio for my useage, as you rightly say. i'm sure i have tested this
before but we'll see.

John Emmas, i would strongly recommend the use of 3d accelleration in your
system. without it your cpu will be working too hard hence the drop-outs you
are hearing. Another one to be mindful of is that a lot of mobo's have "fast
write" "graphics turbo something" enabled in the bios by default. this can
cause lots of issues 'cause the graphics card is getting higher priority than
it should and it's pulling cycles away from your pci bus.

Fons, thanks for the tip; however that way you need to watch the readout all
the time instead of just scanning the results after the re-record cycle.

there'll be a solution i'm sure; just hope i don't die before i find it ;)

g.