Re: [LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 11:25:12 EEST

Hallo,
Bearcat M. Sandor hat gesagt: // Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:

> Because doing D/A on an internal soundcard is noisy. I can hear the hum of my
> fans coming through my tweeters. Having the D/A outside of the box is quiet.
> Granted in a year or so i'll be replacing this with something better like a
> RME ADI-8 QS or universe willing a Lexicon MC12.
>
> I do know how to use ebay, but i don't have much money at the moment. $100 is
> about my limit to spend on this.

But the M-Audio Audiophile USB is $250 according to m-audio.com, so
it's out of your price range (and it's way overpriced anway IMO). The
M-Audio Audiophile *PCI* is much less than $100, so why not buy this?
As I wrote in another mailing list's thread with you, I can (almost)
assure you that it won't be affected by the fan noise.

Ciao