Re: [LAU] [ANN] JAD 1.0 officially released

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 14:26:43 EEST

david wrote:

> .... I wonder how it compares to pure:bolic, dyne:bolic, Musix, Ubuntu
> Studio, Studio64, or what other's I forgot to include?

I'm writing such an article now for Linux Pro magazine.

However, I'm finding it slow-going. Comparing 32-bit JAD and 64-bit 64
Studio is unfair on various levels. They do share the common factor of
being easy to install and configure, but there are significant
differences after that. There are also many unique features I like about
each distro.

I'm not compelled to take an "either/or" attitude, I like being more
inclusive. In point of fact, the distros don't matter that much to me
per se, they matter because they've taken care of the low-level work
required for a low-latency system. It's not that I can't do that work,
it's just that I'm far more involved in actually making music these
days, which was my original intention in getting heavily involved with
Linux audio in the first place.

Best,

dp