Re: [LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 19:39:15 EEST

Hallo,
Bearcat M. Sandor hat gesagt: // Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:

> Even if the list of the M-Audio USB is $250 list, it's still in my range as
> they go for about $100 on ebay. I missed one for $60 the other day.

I guess the low prices have a reason. Btw. Anyone interested in my
$300 M-Audio Quattro USB for, say, 20 bucks plus shipping (from
Europe)? ;)

> Besides, having a direct card-amp connection means i get the *pop* if my
> system turns off. About half the people i've asked say this wont' hurt
> anything and half say it's dangerous to my equipment. The USB with it's own
> power supply alleviates this.

Generally one should shutdown speakers first, then the amp/mixing
desk, then the computer. But you can also turn off the computer first,
if the volume level of the respective channel on your mixing desk is
muted. Then there should be no "pop".

Ciao