Re: [LAU] M-Audio Audiophile Line Level Inputs

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 19:45:45 EEST

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:22:05AM -0600, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> Thank you. Are power-off pops a concern? I'm going straight from card to amp.

Count me in as another fan of the m-audio PCI-based cards. I've used
the Delta 66, Delta 1010 and Audiophile2496. All have been whisper-quiet
and sound great, and work effortlessly under Linux.

As for the transient from power-cycling the PC, it's definitely worse for
the speakers than the amp. I always make sure my amp's volume is down and my
powered monitors are disconnected before I power-cycle the PC.