[LAU] FIC neo1973 linux mobile

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 18 2007 - 17:07:52 EEST

Hi folks,

Lots of talk today about linux mobiles on the internets. Apparently
Trolltech has ported Qtopia to the neo1973 linux mobile. Interesting
news in itself.
Even more so the neo1973 seem to be a very interesting device in itself.

I only very quickly glanced through the specs on the openmoko site, it
looks to be a very capable device with interesting possibilities.

Apart from pretty much all mobile devices I know it seems to have USB
host-controller possibilities which should make it possible to connect
an USB soundcard to it. Would make a splendid recording/playback device.

Also, on this page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo1973_Audio_Subsystem there are some
schematics of the audio hardware which also seem interesting. Possibly
there's both stereo line in and stereo line out, the inputs seems to
route through some "Voice codec" "thing" though...

Anyone know anything more about this device?

/Robert