Re: [LAU] GNU Denemo chokes a dual core 2 GB server

From: Jeremiah Benham <jjbenham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 28 2007 - 07:12:19 EEST

> kids all initiate Denemo playback simultaneously. So I don't recall
> exactly what the RAM and swap impact is. But the CPUs are both
> usually hovering right up there between 98% and 100%.

I don't have experience with thin clients. Do other audio applications
do this? What about timidity? When multiple users use timidity at once
does the same thing occur? In denemo .75 the interface waits for
timidity to successfully quit before the interface responds. The current
cvs does not have that issue. I don't know if that is part of what is
causing the issue or not. I would test if timidity can be launched
simultaneously amongst the thin clients first.

Jeremiah