[LAU] How do you make a sound in both speakers at once, but not stereo

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <HomeTheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sun Sep 30 2007 - 23:17:57 EEST

Hey folks,

I'm not an audio engineer and i don't even play one on TV. I am a music
lover/audiophile who wants to learn about engineering so bear with me here.

I understand that when you hear something in the center of your sound stage
it's because the sound is equally loud in both channels and in phase.

If you hear it spread evenly across the sound stage or even "everywhere in
front of you" the sound is equal in both channels and out of phase.

I heard a recording the other day where a singer was equally loud in both
channels, but she was not center stage. Instead there was one of her in each
channel.

How is that done? Thank you.

Bearcat M. Sandor