Re: [LAU] Software mixer for an USB-Audio - FastTrack Pro?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 18:29:53 EEST

Am Dienstag, 2. Oktober 2007 schrieb Marcos Guglielmetti:
> We are testing an USB-Audio - FastTrack Pro using Musix GNU/Linux
> (Debian/ETCH compatible) on a Toshiba Notebook, Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060
>  @ 1.60GHz (dual core)
> amixer -i -c 0 does not output anything. Also, gamix, gnome-alsamixer,
> alsamixer, alsamixergui, kmix, etc: nothing.

Some devices (especially usb-devices) don't have software-controllable[1]
mixers.

Why don't you just turn the knobs on the front of the device???

Arnold

[1]: There is a distinction between software-controlled hardware-mixers (as in
this case and in most soundcards) and software-mixers (like JackMix,
jack(_)mixer, jackminimix...)

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---