Re: [LAU] Just got an M-Audio 1010LT and for a moment i had awesome sound, then i hit something.

From: Bearcat M. Sandor <HomeTheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 06:37:39 EEST

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 in an email titled "Re: [LAU] Just got an M-Audio
1010LT and for a moment i had awesome sound, then i hit something." Julien
Claassen wrote:
>Hi!
> Envy24control ADC and DAC move elements in both input and output tab? I
>think it's because they are really the same in alsamixer. Don't ask me why,
>perhaps I even got it wrong.
> If your meter moves in the "red zone", this may indicate clipping later.
> It remains to be seen. Take a listen to sounds played from disk, which you
> know are normalised and record some sound and view it in some software,
> ardour should do. If everything is OK, then it may just be some standard
> assumption of clipping, which should't bother you.
> Kindest regards
> Julien

Well, actually i don't have anything like that set up. I'm using this card as
a *very* good 8 channel pre-amp.

I'm still not sure how i'm gonna get the stereo output from my Dishnetwork box
into this card in a way that will make Mythtv happy.

Bearcat M. Sandor