Re: [LAU] Re: difference between realtime-kernel and low-latency-kernel?

From: Jacob <jacob01@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 13:31:25 EEST

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 10:29:56AM +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> [...]
> And yes, i consider it a bug that top and other software report the SCHED_FIFO
> prio as negative values. Where does that come from? Does the prio already get
> listed as negative in /proc? Or do they simply do it to separate the
> SCHED_FIFO threads from SCHED_OTHER threads? Anyways POSIX speaks of positive
> SCHED_FIFO prios in the range 1..99 afaik..

Hmmm, POSIX talks about priorities in the range of
   min .. max,
   where
     min = sched_get_priority_min(alg)
     max = sched_get_priority_max(alg)
     max - min >= 32, if alg == SCHED_FIFO or alg == SCHED_RR
     and alg being the the scheduling algorithm (like SCHED_FIFO, ...)

Under Linux (according to 'man sched_get_priority_min') the follwoing
ranges apply:
     SCHED_FIFO : min = 1, max = 99
     SCHED_RR : min = 1, max = 99
     SCHED_OTHER : min = 0, max = 0