[LAU] Best recording practise

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 13:01:24 EEST

Oi mates!
  I've got the following scenaroi:
  A microphone recording in a suboptimal room. Here's a breif discription and
my question is: How best to proceed, where best to place the mic?
It's a room roughly four by four or five by five metres. Carpet on the floor,
wood panelled ceiling, mostly bare walls, one side with three windows (half
room height) with thin curtains. My work place is located in one corner (wall
and windows). I've got some keyboards to one side and in back, so I could
drape some material over them.
  Where should I best place the mic now? Unfortunitely I can't do real room
correction because of shitty multi-media speakers only. Any ideas what I can
do in general to compensate/improve the recording?
  Kindest regards
        Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net