Re: [LAU] VU meter when using Audacity

From: Dragan Noveski <perodog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 13:53:16 EEST

Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On 12 October 2007 at 0:01, Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>

>>> The meters in audacity are OK. But, I'd like a bigger, maybe
>>> external to audacity, VU meter, and it'd be nice if it looked
>>> like a traditional VU meter. Anyone know of such a beast?
>>>
>> It's called meterbridge and gives you just about any display and
>> behaviour you want. the VU meters are really big!
>>

> Got it. It is what I want. Now I just need to remember what to do
> to build audacity so that it speaks JACK. Or, I need to build
> qjackctl so that it understands portaudio since I think that's the
> way audacity usually builds.
>
> Right?
>
> Thanks....
> --
> Kevin

no, you still use alsa for jackd, but you compile audacity with
portaudio19...or 18.
look, i am not sure now and can't remember, but just choose for audacity
that protaudio, which is not a default ( i am pretty sure, it is
portaudio19), and it will speak to jack. the audacity ports in qjack
will be called 'portaudio-xyz (some numbers)'.

it works stable here.

cheers,
doc