Re: [LAU] Sound Editors, Alsa, and alsa.conf troubles

From: Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 17 2007 - 10:07:56 EEST

Tobiah wrote:
> Lately, I've been having trouble getting any decent
> sound editor to use the second card. Audacity should
> do it, but on my Kubuntu system, it crashes when opening
> or playing a file. I find this in my log:
>
> alsactl: resmgr: communication failure: Connection refused

IIRC the resmgr API functions were changed to always fail because
resmgr now works differently (see
<http://forgeftp.novell.com/resmgr/web/README.html>). Did you
update HAL or resmgr without also updating the alsa-* packages?
It's also possible that those Kubuntu packages have not yet been
changed to disable resmgr support.

Regards,
Clemens