Re: [LAU] : reacTIVision

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 15:15:08 EEST

Hallo,
Robin Gareus hat gesagt: // Robin Gareus wrote:

> Mysth-R wrote:
> They did a great demonstration of it on LAC 2006!
>
> > I found a tutorial to make my own table, using reacTIVision and a webcam.
> > But, reacTIVision don't seems to find my webcam whereas it works with
> > kopete.
> > qc-usb-messenger 1.6driver.
>
> Is the camera mapped to /dev/video0 ? else set the environment variable
> V4L_DEVICE=/dev/videoXXX before you start reacTIVision.

This should actually work.

Another possible approach would be to use Pd with Gem (from CVS).
Non-ancient versions of Gem include an object called
[pix_fiducialtrack] which basically is the pattern recognition stuff
ripped from reacTIVision into a Pd object. Then you would "only" need
to make Gem find your camera and do some rather simple patching in Pd
by ripping apart the help file for [pix_fiducialtrack].

Ciao