Re: [LAU] Line noise

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 16:16:42 EEST

Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2007 schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
> Am Samstag, 20. Oktober 2007 schrieb Leslie P. Polzer:
> > Any recommendations for a cheap device that just does the job nicely?
> not really; any active DI-Box will do, e.g.Behringer has cheap ones.

Actually most (all?) DI-boxes I know aren't the right thing here, because they
convert line-/instrument-signals to mic-level with symmetric (balanced) XLR
connector. And if you own a card that has a XLR-input the same cards most
probably has a instrument-in too.
Worth mentioning: the SBLive doesn't have a symmetric mic-input...

But any cheap (or not so cheap) guitar effects box will do. You don't have to
use the effects (if you don't want to) but still use the impedance
conversion.

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/