Re: [LAU] usb turntable ?

From: Ernie Dulanowsky <ernst@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 23:16:40 EEST

Hi there:
I recently picked up the Numark TT-USB. It works quite well for vinyl
transfer. The cartridge sounds OK, although I'm sure there are better
ones available. I typically use Audacity to record its output, but I'm
still experimenting with the noise reduction.

It has been quite a treat having some old favourites available on my
iPod thanks to the TT-USB. Other nice touches are a 1/8" stereo input,
a variable speed control.

Ion Audio http://www.ion-audio.com also carries a number of USB
turntables, and even a USB cassette deck, for archiving all those
mixtapes. ION also has a TT-USB model, which
doesn't surprise as it seems that Ion might be a budget line of Numark.

cheers,
ernie

--
"Both Rob and I see sound as shapes.