Re: [LAU] usb turntable ?

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 22:33:17 EEST

Am Sonntag, 21. Oktober 2007 schrieb Dave Phillips:
> Jan Depner wrote:
> > I don't know about the USB turntables but I find it very easy to
> >record from my standard system. I run the turntable output into a
> >preamp (usually my DSP 2000 ADC/DAC 1/2 inputs but sometimes a tube
> >preamp), then, run the input channels through JAMin using the RIAA EQ
> >curve that is in the JAMin distribution, then run that into Ardour (or
> >any other JACK enabled recorder). Works like a champ.
> Thanks, Jan. I have access to a similar system, but I figured if I
> wanted somehing for casual use in the studio I'd go for the USB
> alternative. Is the advice re: JAMin and the EQ curve still applicable ?

These USB-devices "should" give the real line-signal without the need to
correct. There are even turntables (manufactured in the old gdr) which don't
need the correcting pre-amplifier because its built-in.

But if it is needed you will here the difference between the original and the
corrected signal.

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/