Re: [LAU] Which tool to sample 8 audio channel at the same time?

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 17:37:15 EEST

On 23 October 2007 at 16:32, Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I am using Debian GNU/Linux (Unstable) on my multimedia machine with a
> M-Audio 1010LT and need to sample all 8 channels at the same time.
>
> Which tool can I use for it?

Ardour would be the natural choice.

> I have tried Audacity but it does not work.

Interesting. I should try that with my Delta 1010 (non-LT version).

> Note: I need the eight audiotrack in the same project and I must work
> on them like in Audacity where I have all tracks togehther.

Ardour has different kinds of functionality regarding the kinds of
editing that you can do on the tracks. But, once you've done the
recording in ardour, you can do some editing in audacity. I do that
whenever I need to, and it works fine.

Best of luck....

--
Kevin