Re: [LAU] Which tool to sample 8 audio channel at the same time?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 21:00:20 EEST

Hallo,
Emiliano Grilli hat gesagt: // Emiliano Grilli wrote:

> This if you don't want to disturb ardour, which needs a well tuned
> system to run smoothly.

I've found Ardour to run more smootly on my system than Audacity. In
general I'd say, that Ardour used with the bigger blocksize of
Audacity runs just as smoothly everywhere. (Personally I even believe
Ardour is easier to use for multichannel editing than Audacity in
general as Audacity made some "strange" design choices like not
allowing non-continous regions in tracks and forces you to work with
dummy silence parts everywhere which I find highly irritating. Others
may not, of course, ymmv.)

Ciao