[LAU] SOLUTION: phasex and bpm settings

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 05:47:23 EEST

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

I experienced a strange problem in PHASEX where the BPM settings were saved in a patch file, but, when the file loaded, the BPM settings wouldn't.

The problem was that I had the "lock parameter" box checked in the MIDI map for that parameter (BPM). I don't remember if I set that, or if it is the default.

When "lock parameter" is set, not only will PHASEX ignore any updates from MIDI for that parameter, but also from the patch files. This could be kind of a useful feature, i.e. when playing a song and switching patches, often you don't want the BPM of the delay changing unexpectedly, just because you changed a patch.

However, when saving patches that go with a particular song project, you definitely *do* want the BPM to change when you load the patch. So I unchecked this, and I save that unchecked MIDI map with every project, so that the patch will load and have the correct BPM.

Saving MIDI maps along with the project is also a good habit to get into. It sucks to open a sequence and load a patch and the MIDI maps you'd recorded no longer do anything.

- -ken
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)

O7xUdyyjwSntkxBHarOzSd4=
=Gb5z
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Received on Thu Oct 25 08:15:02 2007

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Thu Oct 25 2007 - 08:15:02 EEST