Re: [LAU] linking soundcards

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 25 2007 - 20:36:52 EEST

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 07:06:12PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2007 schrieb Atte Andr? Jensen:
> > 1) Can I link the onboard soundcard and an usb soundcard so that they
> > appear to the system as one four channel device?
> > BTW: I don't need super low latency and I only need playback. The laptop
> > is gonna be an IBM x61 running ubuntu and the usb card is an Edirol UA-1A.
>
> But you need stability. And you won't get stability with that setup. Please
> ask the archives why linking two soundcards without syncing them with
> sample-accuracy is _never_ working. (You can search for my name, I have
> written about this several times.)
>
> But you could 'sync' two pc's via midi-mtc or mmc. That could be sufficient
> for performance.

inside of netjack there are two programs, alsa_in and alsa_out
just build netjack on your system, then run jackd -d alsa -d usbcard -p
1024
and alsa_out -d internal_card -t 1200 -m 300 -f 10000

tune -t and -m ....

have fun....

then think about never say never... resampling is your friend....

> Arnold
> --
> visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
> ---
> Hi, I am a .signature virus. Please copy me into your ~/.signature and send me
> to all your contacts.
> After a month or so log in as root and do a rm / -rf. Or ask your
> administrator to do so...

torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language