[LAU] Added E-Mu Midi1x1 adapter, now entire sound system doesn't work!

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 29 2007 - 11:24:38 EET

Yesterday it worked - could read and play MIDI through my keyboard, or
fluidsynth, and play regular audio stuff.

Today, when I started up the system, KDE tells me:

> Sound server informational message:
> Error while initializing the sound driver:
> device: default can't be opened for playback (No such file or directory)
> The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

I use ALSA and the system is usually set for Autodetect, but get the
same results if I select ALSA. I should have known that nothing really
works "out of the box" with Linux ;-) What the hey happened and how can
I fix it?

Running Debian testing. Did not update anything between the time it
worked and now.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden