Re: [LAU] Horgand 1.14

From: holborn <holborn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 02:43:08 EET

On Lunes 29 Octubre 2007, David Baron wrote:
> On my Debian Sid box, the program fails to start:

Hi

You have two different problems:

> mkdir: cannot create directory `~.horgand': File exists

Seems you have installed a patched packaged old version that renames the
original .Horgand file for .horgand, then the lstests versions will fail, to
solve do the following:

go to:

~/.fltk/horgand.berlios.de/

and remove the file horgand.prefs

also you need to remove the file:

~/.horgand

Is important you do that because the first time horgand runs copy some
important files to the work directory.

> cannot open audio device plughw:0,0

Also seems you have a patched ALSA package too, or maybe a not normal ALSA
config, IIRC in ALSA plughw is the default alsa device.

Please first remove the files as I was explain in this message then you can do
many things to solve, horgand by default runs on ALSA on the first time, then
if can not locate the default device fails, and that it's the problem.

If you want to run horgand in ALSA you will need to modify the sources.
Look at file located in the src directory named " organAudioOut.C"

edit the line 132

sprintf (pcm_name, "plughw:0,0");

replace plughw:0,0 with you device name ... maybe hw:0,0 .. or something like
that, then recompile the sources.

If you dont want to run horgand in ALSA you can edit the file:

~/.fltk/horgand.berlios.de/horgand.prefs

change the line:

Audio Out device:Alsa

with

Audio Out device:Jack