Re: [LAU] MIDI keyboard compatability

From: David Griffith <dgriffi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 20:50:38 EET

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, ANDERSON GREGORY wrote:

> I am looking to buy a MIDI keyboard controller but I am
> having trouble coming up with a site that has
> compatibility info on it. Could someone point me in the
> right direction?

Any MIDI keyboard will work as long as you have a MIDI interface that
works. Trickiness comes into play with USB/MIDI keyboards. Those are
essentially USB/MIDI interfaces tucked into a keyboard. As
previously-discussed here, USB/MIDI devices may or may not work with
Linux. Roland/Edirol and Korg are two brands known to work.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi@email-addr-hidden