Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 07:08:22 EET

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 23:03 -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2007 10:48 PM, Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I always envisioned just having all the tracks out there, and having
> > any contributor able to make a mix (in EDL form) from whichever
> > source tracks he or she likes.
> >
> > Rob
>
> maybe I'm missing the boat, but I assumed something like what I am
> understanding you to say, Rob. that is, I come up with a musical idea
> of some sort - maybe a song, maybe a riff or beat, and I post it. you
> grab it and add whatever the hell you like, and you post it up. maybe
> you finish the song out. maybe someone else grabs the track and only
> adds guitar.
>
> ...hmm, now that I type this out, it seems a little disorganized.
> still, what do we do if a track is dumped out there, and multiple
> instrumentalists want a chance at it? I know Restivo and I will be
> fighting over who gets to play the rhodes parts. :)

We would need a way to ensure that we don't end up with every single
wavefile that has been contributed to a project included in every
session. This is where a subversion type approach is helpful.

Could we provide an app which diffs project files and creates a small
torrent with only the relevant additions? It could also have an option
to package the complete session in case someone wanted to start a fork.

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.