Re: [LAU] good players

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 11:19:04 EET

On 10 November 2007 at 17:22, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I haven't had very good luck doing collaboration via email and
> ftp; it seems to go much smoother and be a lot more fun live
> with everyone in the same room, but I'm willing to try.

Sure, live is like nothing else. I want to explore what the
strengths and weaknesses of distance collaboration might be.

> I'd imagine that linux audio geeks will have have more tools in
> common than musical styles or goals in common, but that might
> result in some very interesting music indeed.

All those differences are the same that one can experience with
live players, no?

> Then again, we probably all use a pretty diverse suite of tools
> too. What would the lingua franca be? An Ardour project? Ogg or
> wavpack files? MIDI files?
>
> Would communication be over email? Via IRC or Jabber or
> something more real-time-like?

Man, you ask really good questions.

> My stuff is here: http://www.restivo.org/blog/

Nice stuff there for sure! Being a drummer, I gotta ask, what
are you using to get your sounds? I really enjoy the odd-time
stuff.

Cheers.....

--
Kevin