Re: [LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 11:12:07 EET

On 11 November 2007 at 0:16, Mark Constable <markc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Friday 09 November 2007 17:12:16 Charles Linart wrote:
>
> > A virtual LAU band would be super cool.
>
> Totally agree. Just putting in my bid for anyone interested in
> cooperating with a downbeat chillout electronica piece under
> a GPL license (where the "source" components that make up the
> piece are also available) ?

I'm not super familiar with electronica. But, I'm something of
a chameleon on drums, adapting my playing style pretty heavily
based on the music it fits into.

> Cycle-of-fifths and suspended 4ths sequences with lots of
> strings and pads, sweeps galore, real drums n bass, no doof.

If you have a sketch of what you might want from real drums, in
MIDI, or Hydrogen, or scanned in from penciling it onto paper,
then shoot it my way and I'll try to put something together from
that. We could throw small demo snapshots back-n-forth at each
other, presumably via URL or emailing files off list, until we
think there's something good to work toward.

Cheers....

--
Kevin