Re: [LAU] LAU collaboration coordination?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Nov 16 2007 - 23:05:51 EET

Hi Frank!
  I still have a little problem with the "loosing" "winning" idea. Ok: we
might say we get a simple choice on track most wanted and definitely up them
to the main server. But what about using simple .html file with listings and
enable others to include "loosing" tracks into the lists. So everyone can VERY
easily download EVERYTHING and do what they want. Because: It might just be,
that someone has a great idea with a "loosing" track, that is an absolute
killer-mix/master. Besides that, I still agree. Simple enough and generally
effective enough. But with the.html solution, we could more easily split up
the project-data, if it get's to big or to much bandwidth consuming. I think
there are a lot of us with enough storage, but lacking the bandwidth.
  About timestamps: Why not take seconds or samples (in 44.1kHz). I know
ecasound is able to go by samples (which is maximum accuracy. What about the
other apps: ardour, audacity, etc...?
  Finally about MIDI: Why not have a midi-basetrack. Produced the most easily,
easily aligned to perfect notes. And I assume everyone has a midi-sequencer
and something to export midi. It's posibble with timidity, ecasound(using
timidity), probably fluidsynth... It's small, simple, clean, you can read
notes from it if necessary, it's standard and everyone has it.
 Kindest regards
      Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net