Re: [LAU] [OT] modelines ?

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 29 2007 - 14:17:12 EET

On Nov 29, 2007 12:21 PM, Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Now I don't know why any X client would need it, but here's a modeline
> generator for X servers:
>
> http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/
>
> Hope it'll help you, Dave.

I remember a time when creating modelines was a requirement to get a
working X config file...

Although, I don't really understand why and how xorg would need
manually set modelines for a modern screen + video card combination

@Dave : which Xorg are you using ? Do you use RandR ? what's your
configuration file like ?

One possible issue you might be having : 1280x1024 is not listed as a
valid resolution (undetected, not listed in your screen's or card's
supported resolutions)
Try xrandr if you work with an randr enabled server. It should give
you a list of what's usable.

Send me a copy (off list) of your xorg.conf and var/log/Xorg.0.log, I
might find what's wrong...