Re: [LAU] Recording new album....and more !

From: Frank Pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 05:19:46 EET

Conor O'Tuama wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 07:58:36PM -0500, Frank Pirrone wrote:
>
>> Nice stuff Conor. Strong vocal. How did you mike and process the vocal
>> and guitar?
>>

> Thanks Frank :-)
> They were recorded separately. Three tracks of acoustic guitar, and one vocal track. Mic'd using a Rode NT1000 going through a Joe Meek VC3 Prochannel before going into the Delta1010lt soundcard. There's no processing on the guitars, whereas the voice has a SC4mono compressor on it and reverb courtesy of Freeverb :-)
> Cheers !
> Conor.

Thank you for that information Conor. The guitar sounds excellent but
the voice is outstanding! The VC3 is doing a great job providing
natural dynamic range and punch and the SC4 compression and freeverb are
perfect for a clear up-front vocal with just enough spatial processing
that it doesn't sound like you're whispering it into someone's ear.

Very, very nice tune also, and fine singing. Now I see your Web site
described all that and more. Off to take a closer look.

Frank