Re: [LAU] Qsynth MIDI bug ? (was:MIDI data dump utility)

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 01:01:37 EET

Le samedi, 1 décembre 2007 23:57:48 +0100,
Christoph Eckert <ce@christeck.de> a écrit :

> question:
>
> * You use a drum or percussion soundfont, right?
> * Does the keyboard produce a sound on *any* key or only several?
> * Do some pads never produce a sound, but others always?
>
> I guess in the soundfont used, not all notes have a sound assigned
> (which is not a bug but a feature then :) .

That would be hard to imagine in a way. I mean, a pad that changes the
MIDI not on each hit. Or worse, randomly ;-)

The test paramters were such that a single pad was used and no, the
MIDI note did not change between hits. If it would have, I'd return
the device to the store ! ;-)

Cheers,

Al