Re: [LAU] Hardware synths

From: thomas fisher <studio1@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 02 2007 - 06:54:25 EET

On Saturday 01 December 2007 01:35:30 david wrote:
> David Griffith wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, david wrote:
> >> Well, I think that Yamaha's sound patches in their hardware synthesizers
> >> sound much better than any soundfont I've heard.
---------------------------How much of Yamaha's sound is influenced by the
400+ patents developed by Stanford's digital musical department over about 15
years. I believe the project was known as "Sondius."
http://otl.stanford.edu/tech/sondius.html
 Beyond this I cannot elaborate. Probably someone from CCRMA can illuminate
the way.