Re: [LAU] mail messages getting mangled?

From: <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 03 2007 - 22:56:00 EET

----- Original Message -----
From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Monday, December 3, 2007 4:07 am
Subject: Re: [LAU] mail messages getting mangled?
To: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
Cc: linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden

> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > Ken Restivo wrote:

> >> Ihavenoticedthatmanymessagesonthislistaregettingmangledlikethiswith
> >> nolinefeedsornewlines.Itmakesitreallyhardtoread.Whosemailerisodoing
> >> this,orisitthelistserver,andwhy?Whatisgoingon?
> >
> > Well I notice tha tim hall's email was sent with a Content-
> Transfer-Encoding
> > of base64. I suspect that may be the cause of tim's post getting
> mangled.
> Was it indeed? Thanks, of course there is no evidence of a problem
> on my
> own machine.
>
> Does anyone know how to correct this in Thunderbird/FrostPigeon? Do
> need to edit some key:value pair in about:config?

I've never had that problem with Thunderbird at all.
Content-Transfer-Encoding of base64 shouldn't cause anything like the
example text above.

Try setting Thunderbird to use just plain text, perhaps some mailserver
along the way is mangling things?

David
gnome@email-addr-hidden
authenticity, honesty, community