Re: [LAU] Hardware synths

From: David Olofson <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 05 2007 - 04:39:36 EET

On Wednesday 05 December 2007, Ken Restivo wrote:
[...]
> For live use, if I can find the money I'll buy one of those fanless
> nano-ATX or micro-ATX mobo's,
[...]

Be warned though; those VIA Cx and AMD Geode CPUs found on most
fan-less boards aren't anything like workstation CPUs. Incredible
power *per Watt* - but you'd need to run one at several GHz to get
anywhere near the slowest Socket 775 Celeron you can find.

Don't know how they handle FPU intensive work, but I'd suspect it's
even worse. Has anyone tested that?

.------- http://olofson.net - Games, SDL examples -------.
| http://zeespace.net - 2.5D rendering engine |
| http://audiality.org - Music/audio engine |