Re: [LAU] linux audio ready in 5 minutes - using which distro and interface?

From: <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 13:53:08 EET

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:56:50 +0100
Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

--snip--

> It's not problematic, unless you're dealing with ppc-machines or so,
> newer macbooks also can be tricky. Other than that, just get a USB
> soundbox that's supported by ALSA, check the USB device list for
> that: http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/
>
> An example setup could be pure:dyne on a 2 or 4 gig USB stick with the
> Behringer U-Control USB device. Fits in every pocket, cost is less
> than 50 Euro/Dollar.
>
> Ciao

There seem to be a couple of devices that run under the name u-control.
Besides, I think it would be best if there was an all-round-device that
can be used for everything, voice (dynamic & condenser), line in, midi,
whatever. Many ins are not important in this case, I think.
I start looking for such a device, feel free to tell me if you know one.

ciao