Re: [LAU] Strange problems with Audacity

From: James Cameron <quozl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 15 2007 - 12:52:31 EET

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 11:25:36AM +0100, Sebastian Tsch?pel wrote:
> The ice1712 is the module for my Terratec Phase88/Envy24 Chipset
> soundcard which I successfully use all the time with any other
> audiosoftware on my linux machine.

Okay, in that case perhaps the way that audacity is opening the capture
device is different to how other audio software does it.

There might be a way to reconfigure audacity to do this differently, and
so avoid the supposed problem. I don't know though. Audacity just
works for me.

> Hmm. Nothing available at the moment. It looks like they're working on
> a openSuse 10.3 based JAD release but there is just a source available
> that could still be unstable.

Okay, that limits your options then. Check with other users of the
distribution to see if they have a fix or a later kernel?

> > rebuild the kernel ...
>
> O.o .... now you said the three magic words that makes me get shivers
> down my spine.
> I use the JAD kernel-rt-2.6.19-5.i586 Thats all I can say.
> Unfortunately, I haven't got any clue
> about how to recompile/change/patch a kernel. :(

Yeah, that's fine, I'm not surprised. There are some things I can't do
that give me shivers down my spine ... conducting a choir would be one
of them. It probably isn't an option for you, but I couldn't be sure,
so I had to be honest and include it. ;-)

--
James Cameron    mailto:quozl@email-addr-hidden     http://quozl.netrek.org/