Re: [LAU] A year of Linux Audio revisited - would like to know your oppinion

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 16 2007 - 16:40:06 EET

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:18:45 +0100
Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Esben Stien wrote:
> > Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> >
> >> pay the bills
> >
> > I can't find any donation entry on your site, as so many project
> > sites. I also haven't asked before, because I still don't own a 1394
> > device.
>
> You are correct, there is no donation button. The topic didn't rise yet.
>
> As long as you don't accept donations, you have the freedom to always
> walk away. Which is of course part of the problem.

I would like to make the point that, if you include sufficient
documentation then someone else has a chance of taking up where you
leave off.

I've seen one or two pieces of 'abandonware' that might have been
small enough for me to do a little work on, but couldn't even start as
I didn't have a clue *why* some things were done.

I know it's the most hated part of any project, but I really wish
people would write down a reasonable overview including what decisions
made been made and why, such as:

I used method foo instead of bar because although it's not as pretty it
handles crap input better.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk