Re: [LAU] yoo hoo, Ken Restivo, CQ calling Ken...

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 17 2007 - 03:08:01 EET

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 05:37:06PM -0500, Frank Pirrone wrote:
> Ken Restivo wrote:

>>> Hey Ken, what was this thread all about. I didn't follow it on LAU but
>>> it sounds like that upcoming contribution or something. I hope to post
>>> several concept mixes tonight, and have a few more to follow those. I
>>> seem to be in something of a vein that I'd like to mine further.
>>>

>> I dunno. Someone made an offhand suggestion about selling a CD of Made-with-Linux music. I made an offhand suggestion that they are welcome to use any of mine, since I've posted over three hours worth of it so far over the past year.
>>
>> Plus, ya know, the key to success in any endeavor is relentless self-promotion, so I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to pimp my tunes :-)
>>
>> The stuff from the Linux Audio Collaboration would be really nice to have on there, once we get some stuff together.
>>
>> -ken
>>
> Okay Ken, I thought it might be something more concrete than that. I've
> got 4 or 5 tunes completed enough that I meant to post concept mixes but
> one thing after another has placed this soundly in the column of hollow
> promises, so I'll make no claim whatsoever that tonight I'll post a re-make
> of Rainbow, and Crystaleyes, So Hot Tonight, Soft Hearted Woman, Candle
> Against The Wind, and that oldest promise of all - something against your
> 552.

First you have to figure out what time signature it is in. Muaahahaa.

> Actually, I finally made it to your blog last night and listened to at
> least a piece of everything you've got posted. Really interesting stuff
> Ken. After hearing some of your other material I'd probably play around
> with something else other than 552. I dunno, Blue LEDs, Windsock, Maybe
> Later (got both vocal and musical ideas for that one, same for Carnival
> Milk) whatever. It's all uniformly well done. Nice...

Thanks!

> Frank
> p,s, Stop me if my assumption about using Maybe Later and Carnival Milk in
> LAU-CB is not your wish. Also, let me know your feelings about mutating
> them into "songs." What is the meaning of Milk in the name (just curious
> - my thoughts for lyrics were along the line of treating carnival as a
> metaphor with acts as events in life)? Would you edit a shorter, say no
> longer than 4 mins, Maybe Later? Or do you mind if I do?

Absolutely, go for it!! Sure, I can edit down whatever you like. If you have a preference for where (i.e. 1:12:03 to 5:27:01) or something), let me know. I can also put up the base tracks on the plutek site for remixing.

-ken