Re: [LAU] Studio reverb (impulse)

From: Spencer Russell <spencer.f.russell@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 25 2007 - 03:33:33 EET

On Dec 24, 2007 4:56 PM, Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I need some reverb (impulse response) from a studio with a drumkit, so the
> vibrating snare and reverbarting toms are in there.

That's a really interesting idea, and I'd like to see it tried. I'm
not sure how realistic it would sound though, because those
effects(especially the snare rattling) are highly nonlinear, so
impulse convolution doesn't really apply. The resonances from toms
might work a little better. We won't know until we try it, though!

-spencer